A program of regular weekly lessons with many benefits at an affordable price.
- The goal is to learn, have fun, and make friends with horses and humans that love horses.
- Maximum of 4 students per instructor which exceeds Ontario Standards – we give students more attention from the coaches.
- A variety of programs to suit different levels and ages.
- Lessons include riding but also may include equine care, ground work, or body work to give a well rounded experience.
- Most horse friends options are 1.5hr to allow time to learn more than just riding (toddler programs are an hour), whereas lessons are typically 1hr.
- Our horses are very well trained and include movie stars and international champions.
- A unique trait about our farm – we believe in positive reinforcement, trust, patience, and communication with horses. Students learn how to ride horses without crops, spurs, or bits. When they advance their skills they can learn how to use a bit/spurs for enhanced communication and not intimidation, but they are also welcome to stay bitless in all lessons, or even learn how to ride with no bridle at all.
- Our horses excel in a variety of tasks including jumping, trails, obstacles, liberty, and some are even trained to ride with no bridle and lay down.
- Our coaches have a lot of experience too. Learn more about our staff click here. All of our staff have First Aid and CPR certification.
Coaches and Options
- The Winter Series will run the week of December 10th until the end of February for 10 sessions. There are no horse friends sessions for the week of Christmas or New Years. Instead if you would like to ride during these weeks please book a lesson.
- Mondays are with Ally
- novice jumping is for those learning to canter with jumps
- intermediate jumping is for those that are cantering jumps and progressing their skills
- Wednesdays are by request
- Thursdays are with Caileigh-Anne
- available to book lessons or group events
- Saturdays are with Caileigh-Anne
- toddler riding program is for young kids that are comfortable with horses and being on horses. Parents need to be present for the classes to assist with supervision/spotting kids on horses. This class is 1hr.
- novice+ is for students working on their canter skills and beyond.
- Sundays are by request
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I reschedule sessions? No. One of the reasons we are able to offer these series at such affordable prices is because you register for a complete series (much like how you sign up for soccer, baseball, or hockey). If you need flexibility for the schedule then you are welcome to book individual lessons. Booking lessons is not as economical because they require more administration time for booking which brings the cost up. Signing up for a Horse Friends Series gives you the best value.
- Do we need our own helmet? No – we have a selection of helmets available but we recommend having your own so you can ensure a good fit.
- What should I wear? Long pants, boots with a heel (cowboy boots, English paddock boots or hiking boots), we recommend gloves, and dressing for the weather. Even though we have an indoor riding ring it is not heated, so in the winter you might want to dress as if you are going skiing. We do have a heated education room to warm up in if you get cold, but dress warm for riding in the winter.