Birthday parties, school trips, bachelorette parties, family get togethers, work retreats, and more. A group experience can be for any occasion of 4 people or more.
- Group Size: up to 30 people.
- Riding: a maximum of 6 people riding to 1 coach and a maximum of 12 people on horses at the same time.
- Groups 12 or fewer: we can keep the group together for activities, or we can divide into smaller groups.
- Groups of 13+: rotate through different activities. At one activity there is riding, another might be equine care (grooming, learning about horses), and another might be an umounted activity with the horses (leading the horse, movie tricks with the horses).
- Ages: We are happy to work with groups of all ages. For kids under the age of 5 we can offer a horse experience of grooming and interacting with horses including a short ride while being led (similar to a pony ride) – usually 1hr is enough for young kids. For groups with young or nervous childres, we recommend some parent volunteers to be one hand to help surpervise or lead the kids while on horses.
- How long? We recommend 2hrs for most experiences. This allows time to get comfortable with the horses and do some riding. You can book 1hr but the riding time will be less. You can book longer if you like too.
- Party Room: you can use our 20x30ft lounge (there is a local pizza place you can order pizza from in Pontypool, you are welcome to bring in a cake, etc for your group). Note we do not have running water in the education room. There are jugs of water and a kettle, microwave, and mini fridge you are welcome to use. It is headed in the colder months. Also note the farm uses a port a potty for a bathroom and has cold running water and hand sanitizer but ther is not warm running water at the barn/arena.
Activities we offer
- learning about horse care and grooming
- having fun with horses on the ground (leading, horse agility)
- movie tricks with our horses that have starred in feature films
- riding lesson
- games with horses (musical stalls, Simon says)
- having fun in our obstacle park for horses (bridges, teeter totters, and more)
- costume party with horses (come dressed up and you can dress up the horses to match)
“I would love to send a letter or do a rave review upon our experience today! We cannot believe the time and attention each child received and were so overwhelmed with the place, and with your staff and volunteers! Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this as my daughter said “the best birthday EVER”!!!!!!!!We went into this blind, not really knowing what to expect and you exceeded everything I had in mind. I do not know much about horses, but my daughter has been intrigued for years, and today she got to share this learning with her very best friends.Thank you!”
How to Book
- You can pay online for the experience you would like. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org (or reply to the payment confirmation email you got) to confirm dates, times, and activities. You will need to confirm you final numbers 1 week in advance of your event so we can have the correct number of staff on hand.
- Group experiences are typically Friday evenings and Sundays. We do have some availability on other days of the week but are subject to staff availability.
- You are welcome to email us at email@example.com to discuss options or availability first if you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do we need helmets or riding clothes/boots? We have a selection of helmets you can borrow, but you are welcome to bring your own riding helmet (bike helmets are not allowed). For riding you need shoes with a 1/2″ heel (cowboy boots, riding boots, hiking boots, rubber boots) – exception, young kids that are going for a short ride while being led do not need special shoes because their feet will not be in the stirrups. Gloves are recommended (sport gloves, riding gloves, or gardening gloves). Dress for the weather – the indoor arena is not heated (only the “party room” is heated).
- What happens if it rains? We have a large indoor arena that has obstacles, jumps, and music that we can have fun in. Even on hot sunny days we tend to ride indoors because it is cooler to be in the shade indoors.
- Is your facility heated and air conditioned? Our ‘party room’ is heated in winter and has fans during summer, but the barn and riding ring are not heated or air condintioned so please dress appropriately.
- I have more questions – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-571-5914