- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do we need our own helmet? No – we have a selection of helmets available but we recommend having your own so you can ensure a good fit.
- What should I wear? Long pants, boots with a heel (cowboy boots, English paddock boots or hiking boots), we recommend gloves, and dressing for the weather. Even though we have an indoor riding ring it is not heated, so in the winter you might want to dress as if you are going skiing. We do have a heated education room to warm up in if you get cold, but dress for the weather.
- Will a coach come to our farm to teach there? No we do not offer this service. Lindsey can be booked for half day or full day workshops. You can learn more about booking Lindsey for a clinic/workshop here. You can also visit www.HarmonyHorsemanship.ca to find a certified instructor near you that might travel to your location.
- Can I bring my horse to your farm for lessons? You can trailer in for lessons, and we do allow short boarding stays so you can attend multiple lessons. Email us to check availability.
- What horses to you have? Meet our horses and ponies here
- I have my own horse, can I get lessons? Yes – you can either board at our farm and take lessons with your horse, or you can trailer into the farm and bring your own horse for lessons.
Refunds and Rescheduling
- Services booked online can be changed or booked (but not refunded) with 12hrs notice.
- Once a service is booked, it cannot be cancelled/refunded.
- Cancellations due to bad weather: In the event school buses are cancelled in Durham Region north of hwy 7 region (sometimes all of Durham Region cancels and sometimes only north of hwy 7 because this is the snow belt area), lessons will be cancelled and no lessons will run – even if the weather appears to have cleared later in the day, if school buses did not run, neither will lessons that day (NOTE we do not base cancellations on Kawartha lakes buses because often buses are cancelled in Kawartha Lakes from snow around the lakes which is further north than we are – we are very close to Durham Region and that is a better judge of the roads near us. So if Kawartha Lakes buses are canceled but Durham Region buses are all running then lessons are all still running). Please listen to your radio or contact us to check if you are unsure. If school buses are running but a storm appears later in the day, we will determine on a case by case basis if we need to cancel lessons. If it is a weekend and thus no school buses, we will base this decision on a case by case basis and will notify students via email as timely as possible if lessons are canceled due to weather. We will notify of cancellations by means of a post to Facebook on the Partridge Horse Hill page and group. You can also check by emailing us. Cancelled sessions due to weather will be rescheduled or refunded.
- In the event a coach needs to cancel a session, a substitute coach will be provided. In the event no substitute coach is available, we will reschedule the session.
Like us on Faceboook
- Partridge Horse Hill Shop Show your PHH pride by wearing our new T-shirts, hoodies, and more
- Harmony Horsemanship Shop If you love harmony with your horse this is the place to shop! Also featuring 'Life is Better with an OTTB' clothes
- Harmony Horsemanship 101 Course learn online
- Online Calendar to check booked lessons and events