April 1, 2017
- Lesson Pricing
- How do I know which Lesson Package to choose?
- Should I be in PHH Lessons or Lessons with Lindsey?
- Frequently Asked Questions about lessons
- Cancellation Policy and Booking Policy for Lessons
- Winter Horse Friends Program
- Pay for lessons online click here
- Pay for board or training online click here
- Boarders at PHH receive a 10% discount when using their own horse in a lesson.
- If you earn 7 PHH cookies or more in a month, take 10% off your next package (per individual)
- Group: are a max of 4 people. Exception if someone is doing a makeup lesson there may be 5.
- Horse Claim: $25/mth (+HST) gives you a locker and first priority on the horse you are riding. Sometimes people move around (such as for makeup lessons) and this guarantees your claimed horse for you – except if the horse is injured. Only one student can claim a horse.
- Lesson Package Expiry: You have 4 months to use the 4 pack of lessons.
- Tacking Up Assistance: Is provided free of charge for weekday lessons between 4:45-6:45pm and Saturdays from 12:45-2:45pm primarily to help you catch your horse from the field. Beginners have assistance tacking up included as part of their lessons. If you are a novice+ rider and need assistance getting your horse ready for your lesson outside of these hours please contact us for options. Schedule for assistance is subject to change. Please check the calendar.
Prices including HST
- With a PHH coach (Ally, Caileigh-Anne, Franny or Wendy) $56.50 for a private lesson, or $33.90 each for 2 or more people (if 5 or more people please look at our group experiences instead). This is for a 1hr lesson and includes learning to catch, tack up, lead, riding, and putting away the horse.
- With Lindsey $90.40 for a private lesson or $45.20 for 2 or more people each.
- With a PHH coach (Ally, Caileigh-Anne, Franny or Wendy): $135.60 for a package of 4 lessons (works out to $30 each +HST), $45.20 for one
- With Lindsey $180.80 for a package of 4 (works out to $40 +HST each), or $56.50 for one.
Semi Private Lessons (max 2 people):
- With a PHH coach (Ally, Caileigh-Anne, Franny or Wendy): $162.72 for a package of 4 lessons (works out to $36 each +HST), $50.85 for one
- With Lindsey $226 for a package of 4 (works out to $50 +HST each), or $62.15 for one.
- With a PHH coach (Ally, Caileigh-Anne, Franny or Wendy): $253.12 for a package of 4 lessons (works out to $56 each +HST), $79.10 for one
- With Lindsey $406.80 for a package of 4 (works out to $90 +HST each), or $113 for one.
- Beginner or New to PHH? Start with ‘Your First Lesson’ at our introductory rate of just $50 for 1hr, or bring a friend/family member to learn with you and start together for just $30 each (or with Lindsey is $80 for 1hr or $40 each if 2+ people). From there, if you enjoy your lesson you can choose to continue with a 4 lesson package or pay as your go. You will need to stay in private lessons (or lessons with your own friend/family member) until you reach Novice level (being able to walk and trot confidently by yourself in the ring). Then you can choose to move into group lessons if you want to.
- Have a friend of family member that wants to learn with you? You can choose the semi private option to be just the two of you. You can be any level of rider for this option. If you don’t mind people joining your lesson and you are novice+ level, then you can pay the group rate and can start a new group lesson.
- You’ve been to PHH before and are Novice or Intermediate? You can join group lessons that are suited to your level, private lessons, or do semi private lessons with a friend or family member.
- You have your own horse and want to trailer in for a lesson? Start with your ‘First Lesson’ so we can assess your level. Once we know your level and goals we can determine what type of lessons best fit your needs (group, private, etc). It might be possible for you to board at our farm for a short term to do lessons. Ask us for availability.
- That depends on your learning goals.
- The PHH lessons are taught by coaches with a range of experience. Becca, Ally, Caileigh Anne, and Wendy are under the same pricing package so you can try different coaches and see who best suits your learning style and needs.
- Lindsey is the only coach that officially teaches Harmony Horsemanship and has achieved numerous championships and recognition because of her outstanding achievement with training horses. If you want the most insight into developing a calm connection with your horse, or have an advanced challenge then it is best to choose Lindsey.
- Please visit ‘Our Staff’ page on our website to learn more about each coach.
Please check the online calendar to confirm availability and coaches. Each coach has a colour (use the legend to see who is who). Sometimes coaches are away and another coach will coach for them.
http://www.localendar.com/public/PartridgeHorseHill (link to our online calendar)
- Do I have to take one lesson a week? Schedule based on your availability and our availability.
- Do you let people ride horses not in lessons? Sometimes – intermediate students can contact us about part boarding options or practice rides to supplement their lessons. This means days when they can ride their lesson horse to practice their skills that they are learning in lessons, but not under coach supervision. Generally practice rides are $20 each +HST.
- Can we go for a trail ride? Students that are novice or higher level can sign up for trail rides. If you are new to PHH you must start with at least one lesson to determine if you are novice + level. Trails cost the same as group lessons.
- For more Frequently Asked Questions, including how to book a make up lesson please click here
- If PHH needs to cancel a lesson due to unforeseen circumstance (coach illness, weather, etc) the student will not be charged.
- Cancellations due to bad weather: In the event school buses are cancelled in Durham Region north of hwy 7 region (sometimes all of Durham Region cancels and sometimes only north of hwy 7 because this is the snow belt area), lessons will be cancelled and no lessons will run – even if the weather appears to have cleared later in the day, if school buses did not run, neither will PHH lessons that day (NOTE we do not base cancellations on Kawartha lakes buses because often buses are cancelled in Kawartha Lakes from snow around the lakes which is further north than we are – we very close to Durham Region and that is a better judge of the roads near us. So if Kawartha Lakes buses are canceled but Durham Region buses are all running then PHH lessons are all still running). Please listen to your radio or contact us to check if you are unsure. No students will be charged for their lesson if we cancel due to weather. If school buses are running but a storm appears later in the day, we will determine on a case by case basis if we need to cancel lessons. If it is a weekend and thus no school buses, we will base this decision on a case by case basis and will notify students via email as timely as possible if lessons are canceled due to weather.
- If you do pay as you go lessons (buying 1 lesson at a time):
- You may only book lessons up to 1 month in advance.
- Cancellations made by 8am for lessons before 5pm, or noon for lessons 5pm or later will not be billed. Cancellations made after those times will be billed at the regular rate. Email email@example.com
- If you buy a package of lessons):
- You can book up to 6 months in advance. If you have a regular weekly time slot, you will continue to keep it provided you continue to renew your package.
- You must have an active package to book lessons beyond 1 month on the calendar.
- Cancellations made 6 or more days in advance you will not be billed. Cancellations made after that point to within 2hrs notice of the lesson will still be billed, however you can choose any other appropriate group lesson to join as a makeup lesson within 1 month. Rules about make up lessons:
- If you take PHH lessons but want to join one of Lindsey’s HH lessons as a make up, you can pay an extra $10 to join that lesson.
- If you take Lindsey’s lessons and want to do a ‘PHH lesson’ as a make up lesson you are welcome to do that but will not be credited the difference.
- Private lessons earn 2 group make up lessons.
- Make up lessons need to be booked within 30 days of the cancellation. It is up to the client to look at the online calendar (http://www.localendar.com/public/PartridgeHorseHill) and notify firstname.lastname@example.org which group lesson you would like to join. If the client misses the 30 day deadline, the lesson is forfeited.
- A make up lesson can only be scheduled once. You will not be able to reschedule it once booked. This means if you cancel a make up lesson, you cannot choose another make up lesson.
- You can receive 2 make ups per 4 lesson package. This means 50% of your scheduled lessons need to be used as you book them.
- A make up lesson means choosing a time slot different than the lesson you canceled. For example if you canceled a Monday at 5pm lesson, then you cannot choose the Monday at 5pm lesson for your make up lesson but you can choose any other appropriate group lesson. If you ride twice a week, then technically you could cancel your other lesson to then do a make up. For example if you ride Monday at 5pm and Thursday at 5pm, and you need to book a make up lesson because you canceled Monday at 5pm, you could cancel a future Thursday at 5pm lesson (with more than 6 days notice) and replace it as your make up lesson. The significance here is that if you cancel that date, you can’t do another make up lesson (make up lessons can only be booked once).
- PHH Cookies: is our rewards program to give ‘cookies’ to clients that consistently take part in our services. For every regular lesson you do (not a make up lesson), you earn 1 PHH ‘cookie’ (these are not edible cookies, they are reward points). You also earn a cookie for each Lindsey Partridge clinic you participate in or camp week. If you earn 7 PHH cookies in a month, you get to take 10% off your next lesson package – note that packages and PHH cookies are tracked per individual and not for a group of family/friends. When you have reached 16 cookies, if you have a cancellation but would prefer not to do a make up lesson and instead simply skip the lesson and not be charged we will do that, it is up to you to let us know. It is the client’s responsibility to track their cookies (we provide you a binder and paper you can use if you wish a the farm).