Play dates are a great time to try some new obstacles and fun with your horse. You get full access to an obstacle set up (will be indoors or outdoors depending on weather).
2017 Play Dates are on the following Sundays from 4 pm – 7 pm:
- June 4
- June 11
- July 23
- August 13
- October 1
$30+HST, or $20+HST if you are an NHA member (Natural Horsemanship Association, www.nhassociation.ca)
What happens at a play day?
- You trailer your horse in (or if you are a student of Partridge Horse Hill you can use your lesson horse).
- Make sure to sign in – look for Danica wearing a Partridge Horse Hill T-Shirt (she will also be working a horse around the obstacles).
- We will have some different obstacles and games set up (even if it is raining we have bridges and obstacles inside)
- You can play from 4-7 pm
- Our coach, Danica, will be onsite with a horse also playing on the obstacles – she is available to help give you ideas.
- If you want help learning about obstacles, you can book a lesson with Danica. She is available from 12-4 pm for lessons and can help you and your horse with the obstacles, then during the play day time you can practice what you’ve learnt. A 1 hr private lesson is $50+HST, or $30+HST for a half hour lesson on these play dates.
- If you take a lesson before the play time (on the same day) we will give 50% off the play day fee, and you can play for the rest of the day after your lesson. For example you have a 30 min lesson at 2 pm then you can play from 2:30 pm until 7 pm for $45+HST (includes lesson and play)!
- Play dates are limited to 12 people, register to save your space.
How do I register?
- Please send an email to Carolyn at [email protected] with the date(s) you would like to sign up for and if/when you would like to book any lessons. Carolyn will confirm availability and give you a total cost.
- You need a signed waiver and media consent form (unless you have already filled one out for 2017). Click here to access our forms.
- You will be able to pay via etransfer to [email protected], mail a cheque (Partridge Horse Hill, 531 Hwy 35, Ontario, L0A 1K0), or bring cash to the farm. Payment is due at time of registration to hold your spot.
- The 30 min lessons are only available on the Sundays for play dates with Danica. They are available for people trailering in with their own horse, or for existing students to PHH (and can get a horse ready for the lesson).
- Cancellations with less than 2 weeks notice will not be refunded, however you can transfer your space to another person (just let us know who is taking your spot). Cancellations made prior to 2 weeks will be refunded less a $5+HST admin fee.
For more information
- For more information about Danica, read About Our Staff click here.
- For more information about Our Facility click here
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Partridge Horse Hill Shop Show your PHH pride by wearing our new T-shirts, hoodies, and more
- Harmony Horsemanship Shop If you love harmony with your horse this is the place to shop! Also featuring 'Life is Better with an OTTB' clothes
- Harmony Horsemanship 101 Course learn online
- Online Calendar to check booked lessons and events
MEET OUR HORSES & PONIES
READ OUR TESTIMONIALS
I just have to let you know that I’m super excited about what I’ve been learning from you in the few lessons I’ve had with you. It’s so different then anything I’ve been taught before and I love it. It’s so effective with Prairie as well.
I notice such an attitude change in her (especially in the last lesson with the tarp). She’s always been fairly willing to learn but she would become very easily frustrated and I haven’t seen that with her at all. I really feel like I have found a renewed energy and enthusiasm for riding. So, thank you! Looking forward to next time.
Sue A.adult pleasure rider
The boys had a wonderful time at your games camp last week. They are begging to go back for next year’s camp. Warrior looks amazing. The girls at your place work very well with him. Your horses are very well cared for and it shows.
I love Lindsey’s style of teaching. Natural horsemanship makes me feel like I am making a connection and building a partnership with the horse I am riding instead of simply just riding a horse.
Marcie I.Young adult endurance rider
Lindsey has introduced me to the world of natural horsemanship and provided me with many opportunities. She always has confidence in me, even when I doubt my own abilities. She makes me feel that Phin and I can do anything together, and whenever I want to try something new or a little more challenging, the answer is never no — she helps us work up to our goals, whether it is bridleless riding, jumping higher, or cantering jumps. She has helped me build my relationship with Phin, which is extremely important to me. It’s not just about the riding, but about the special relationship between horse and rider. For me there is no greater reward when working with horses than knowing the horse loves and trust you, and Lindsey makes that possible. Not only is Lindsey an outstanding teacher, but an even better friend. I am so glad to have met her and her wonderful horses too. Thank you Lindsey for everything you’ve done for me so far, I love taking lessons from you and look forward to building my natural horsemanship skills even more.
Erin K.Teenager, Jumper/Trail Rider
I watched Lindsey at the Everything Equine Trade Show as she rode with no bridle or halter, it was something that I thought was only ever a dream until today (after having her first ride with her horse using no bridle/halter and completed figure 8 patterns, back up, etc) and now I realize it is reality.
VickyAdult Pleasure Rider