- About Part Boarding
- Benefits to Part Boarding
- Pricing and Packages
- Download the partboarding agreement here
About Part Boarding
Part boarding is when a student gets practice days with their assigned horse. Part boarders take lessons but also get practice ride days where they can come to the farm and practice the skills they are learning with their assigned horse.
The horse is the same for the term of part boarding (unless a horse injury/illness in which case the student can practice with a different horse). This is because when the rider uses the same horse each ride they can start to develop a really good bond and partnership.
There are many benefits to part boarding including…
- You get a taste for what it is like to own a horse
- You are not responsible for vet, farrier, or any extra bills that come up
- You get to have the horse all to yourself for certain days of the week and plan your own schedule for riding/playing
- You advance your skills with extra practice
- It can help you decide what type of horse you would want to buy or lease
- You can try different horses until you find the right horse for you – and when you advance and are ready for a higher level horse you can change horses with no extra costs
- You learn a lot of the ‘behind the scenes’ work that goes on with horses like their daily care
- Prepares you for one day owning or fully leasing a horse
- Gives you freedom to ‘have a horse’, but at the same time support to help you
- Allows you to ride/work with a horse that might otherwise be out of your budget to purchase
- Is excellent for developing responsibility in kids/teens
- Gives you the chance to really get to know a horse and develop a relationship
- Is great for helping confidence and consistency in your play with horses
Partridge Horse Hill encourages part boarding because it helps build skills in students, and also because students build a better bond with their horse when they part board. Part boarding is offered to students that are ready and capable to practice with horses without staff supervision.
Novice riders that need minimal supervision and assistance can still do part boarding, but schedule their practice rides when a staff member will be available to help them if needed.
Practice rides are limited to approximately 1 hour of ground play and 1 hour of riding with a maximum of 15 jumps to a maximum of 1.5ft. Practice rides need to be kept within the horse’s limits and a horse should never be worked into a heavy sweat or deep panting for breath.
Practice & Lesson Packages with PHH Horses:
Practice Ride Days
|Platinum Package||$250/month||4/month||2 days a week = 8/month|
|Gold Package||$220/month||2/month||2 days a week = 8/month|
|Silver Package||$200/month||4/month||1 day a week = 4/month|
|Bronze Package||$140/month||2/month||1 day a week = 4/month|
* You can upgrade your lessons to private lessons for $40/month for 2 lessons/month, or $60/month for packages with 4 lessons/month. You can upgrade your lessons to semi-private lessons for $10/month for 2 lessons/month or $20/month for 4 lessons/month. 2 Practice Rides can = a group or semi private lesson.
Please contact us for more information and availability.
Meet our horses and ponies to see who is available!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Partridge Horse Hill Shop Show your PHH pride by wearing our new T-shirts, hoodies, and more
- Harmony Horsemanship Shop If you love harmony with your horse this is the place to shop! Also featuring 'Life is Better with an OTTB' clothes
- Harmony Horsemanship 101 Course learn online
- Online Calendar to check booked lessons and events
MEET OUR HORSES & PONIES
READ OUR TESTIMONIALS
I just have to let you know that I’m super excited about what I’ve been learning from you in the few lessons I’ve had with you. It’s so different then anything I’ve been taught before and I love it. It’s so effective with Prairie as well.
I notice such an attitude change in her (especially in the last lesson with the tarp). She’s always been fairly willing to learn but she would become very easily frustrated and I haven’t seen that with her at all. I really feel like I have found a renewed energy and enthusiasm for riding. So, thank you! Looking forward to next time.
Sue A.adult pleasure rider
The boys had a wonderful time at your games camp last week. They are begging to go back for next year’s camp. Warrior looks amazing. The girls at your place work very well with him. Your horses are very well cared for and it shows.
I love Lindsey’s style of teaching. Natural horsemanship makes me feel like I am making a connection and building a partnership with the horse I am riding instead of simply just riding a horse.
Marcie I.Young adult endurance rider
Lindsey has introduced me to the world of natural horsemanship and provided me with many opportunities. She always has confidence in me, even when I doubt my own abilities. She makes me feel that Phin and I can do anything together, and whenever I want to try something new or a little more challenging, the answer is never no — she helps us work up to our goals, whether it is bridleless riding, jumping higher, or cantering jumps. She has helped me build my relationship with Phin, which is extremely important to me. It’s not just about the riding, but about the special relationship between horse and rider. For me there is no greater reward when working with horses than knowing the horse loves and trust you, and Lindsey makes that possible. Not only is Lindsey an outstanding teacher, but an even better friend. I am so glad to have met her and her wonderful horses too. Thank you Lindsey for everything you’ve done for me so far, I love taking lessons from you and look forward to building my natural horsemanship skills even more.
Erin K.Teenager, Jumper/Trail Rider
I watched Lindsey at the Everything Equine Trade Show as she rode with no bridle or halter, it was something that I thought was only ever a dream until today (after having her first ride with her horse using no bridle/halter and completed figure 8 patterns, back up, etc) and now I realize it is reality.
VickyAdult Pleasure Rider