Benefits of Horse Friends:
- Maximum of 4 students per instructor which exceeds Ontario Standards – we give students more attention from the coaches.
- A variety of programs to suit different levels and ages.
- Lessons include riding but also may include equine care, ground work, or body work to give a well rounded experience.
- Lessons are longer at 1.5hr or 2hr to allow time to learn more than just riding.
- Our horses are very well trained and include movie stars and international champions.
- We try our best to keep students with the same horse every week so they can develop a partnership (unless they want to try different horses).
- Register and learn more by clicking this link.
Our goal is to provide a fun and safe learning experience.
A unique trait about our farm – we believe in positive reinforcement, trust, patience, and communication with horses. We do not use force (whipping, spurring). Instead students learn how to develop partnerships with horses.
Our horses also excel in a variety of tasks including jumping, trails, obstacles, liberty, and some are even trained to ride with no bridle and lay down.
Our coaches have a lot of experience too. Learn more about our staff click here. All of our staff have First Aid and CPR certification.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I reschedule sessions? No. One of the reasons we are able to offer these series at such affordable prices is because you register for a complete series. If you need flexibility for the schedule then you are welcome to book individual lessons. Booking lessons is not as economical because they require more admin time for booking which brings the cost up. Signing up for a Horse Friends Series gives you the best deal.
- Do we need our own helmet? No – we have a selection of helmets available but we recommend having your own so you can ensure a good fit.
- What should I wear? Long pants, boots with a heel (cowboy boots, English paddock boots or hiking boots), we recommend gloves, and dressing for the weather. Even though we have an indoor riding ring it is not heated. We do have a heated education room to warm up in if you get cold.